This is a Windows 10 pro workstations with Outlook 2016
This was a frustrating and time consuming problem. Outlook connected to a cloud exchange service through Intermedia. What I tried to fix the issue.
Disabled graphics hardware acceleration (this worked for a few days)
Checked and disabled the Norton spam plugin
Disabled any non essential Outlook plugins
Started Outlook in safe mode
Check the firewall settings
Added a line to the Windows hosts file for the auto-discover exchange server
Disabled and enabled cached exchange mode (left it on cached)
Deleted and re-created the profile
Restored exchange to default settings
Re-created exchange accounts in Outlook
Completely uninstalled Microsoft Office and re-installed
A trick to get Outlook to open faster
Disable the internet, or block Outlook from accessing the internet with the firewall, then open Outlook.
What finally fixed the problem
Disabled ipv6 in network settings
Set static DNS to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 (googles name servers)
The start time is around 30 seconds compared to 5 minutes
For the web spiders: SOLVED, solution, fixed, resolved
Mr. Rabbit or Hazel as we call him was based on an image I found online. I printed it out and put carbon paper between the image and wood and drew over it with a pencil. This is the first carving I tinted with paint. I liked the look of the wood grain and wanted it to show through. I heavily diluted yellow ocher wet the wood and painted the entire carving. To finish it I used boiled linseed oil. This carving came out well, I could have gone a bit further with his nose and mouth, but I was afraid to. I could have carved his eyes, but they should stick out a bit and I didn’t leave room.
Because I cut the pattern of the rabbit on an angle I didn’t turn his head enough or turned it too much I didn’t have enough or didn’t leave enough room for his one ear. I just docked his ear, so it turns out he got in a fight.
I’ve gotten much better at removing excess wood with the knife. The bottom left area beside his leg needed to be removed. I was able to rather easily remove about an inch of wood. I was getting so good, I almost removed too much.
The Bear with Trout (based on Splatoon 2 Mr. Grizz)
This one came out better then I expected. I made it in the Scandinavian flat plane carving style. I got frustrated at the end of this project and just started quickly lopping off chunks of wood to create the flat planes.
I broke the fishes mouth when trying to carve it, and Elemers glued it back together. Originally I wanted it to be a salmon, but I painted it green (thinking fish are green) then realized salmon are silver in color. My wife said it still looked good and even sent me a photo of a bear catching a trout, so she made it okay for me.
Dale Kirkpatrick an amazing carver taught me after this to paint the wood wet. I painted this one dry and the brown and green was too dark. Painting it wet keeps the paint from soaking in too much and getting too dark. I ended up lightly sanding this with a very fine sanding pad foam thing. It lighted up and make it look distressed.