Recently I found one of the best designed packs. The bag below is made by Red Rock, Here is the Amazon link. It’s extremely well built has a ton of pockets and webbing inside of the pockets. The webbing is nice because you can secure each item inside the bag. The benefit is that you know exactly where your stuff is and it won’t shift around as you move. This makes finding things extremely easy.
There is only one problem with this bag. It’s not comfortable to wear. They designed a flair at the end of the strap that cuts into my neck. The ONLY way to wear this bag without it cutting into my neck is to were it extremely tight so the flared area sits on your chest. There are several problems with this, it’s hard to get on and off, and it’s not comfortable when wearing a jacket, and it’s not comfortable in general when worn that tight.
I wanted to get the bag altered, so I spoke to a seamstress and a shoe repair shop to see if they could remove the flared area of the strap. Neither wanted to touch it. The seamstress did comment that it was a shame because the material was nice and it was stitched so well.
I bought thread a thing to protect my finger, a stitch remover and a few needles. I also needed a pliers occasionally to push and pull the needle. Here’s the process below.
This is the before photo
Pulled out the stitching, exposed the foam inside and marked the line I wanted to cut
Cut the foam to size
Sewed the front and back material around the foam
Stitched the edging back on. I was able to restitch the edging without cutting it. Finished.
This is a Windows 10 pro workstations with Outlook 2016
This was a frustrating and time consuming problem. Outlook connected to a cloud exchange service through Intermedia. What I tried to fix the issue.
Disabled graphics hardware acceleration (this worked for a few days)
Checked and disabled the Norton spam plugin
Disabled any non essential Outlook plugins
Started Outlook in safe mode
Check the firewall settings
Added a line to the Windows hosts file for the auto-discover exchange server
Disabled and enabled cached exchange mode (left it on cached)
Deleted and re-created the profile
Restored exchange to default settings
Re-created exchange accounts in Outlook
Completely uninstalled Microsoft Office and re-installed
A trick to get Outlook to open faster
Disable the internet, or block Outlook from accessing the internet with the firewall, then open Outlook.
What finally fixed the problem
Disabled ipv6 in network settings
Set static DNS to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 (googles name servers)
The start time is around 30 seconds compared to 5 minutes
For the web spiders: SOLVED, solution, fixed, resolved
Mr. Rabbit or Hazel as we call him was based on an image I found online. I printed it out and put carbon paper between the image and wood and drew over it with a pencil. This is the first carving I tinted with paint. I liked the look of the wood grain and wanted it to show through. I heavily diluted yellow ocher wet the wood and painted the entire carving. To finish it I used boiled linseed oil. This carving came out well, I could have gone a bit further with his nose and mouth, but I was afraid to. I could have carved his eyes, but they should stick out a bit and I didn’t leave room.
Because I cut the pattern of the rabbit on an angle I didn’t turn his head enough or turned it too much I didn’t have enough or didn’t leave enough room for his one ear. I just docked his ear, so it turns out he got in a fight.
I’ve gotten much better at removing excess wood with the knife. The bottom left area beside his leg needed to be removed. I was able to rather easily remove about an inch of wood. I was getting so good, I almost removed too much.